US Performing Arts Job Openings
Job Description and Guidelines (One to Seven Week Positions Available Depending on Enrollment and Applicant Availability)
US Performing Arts is looking for dedicated hard working people with a performing arts and media college background who have an abundance of energy, imagination, creativity, and a desire to mentor/chaperone students between the ages of 11 and 18 during their US Performing Arts Camp experience June 12 through August 6.
US Performing Arts Programs are associated and/or presently located at the following colleges and universities:
Amherst College, Georgetown University (D.C.), Pace University/Chelsea Studios(NYC), Pepperdine University, Stanford University, UC Irvine, Relativity/LA Center Studios.
All applicants must be 21 years of age or older by June 12, 2017 Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Mentor, counsel, supervise, accompany, live with and are a role model to focused, talented, and motivated young performing and media artists.
* Mentors must be unselfish, have a high energy level and reflect a maturity that places the needs of the students and fellow staff members above their own.
* Mentors are responsible for reinforcing, supporting, and following policies, values, rules, and regulations of US Performing Arts.
* Mentors chaperone students daily in the dorms, on the campus, on field trips and activities.
* Mentors accompany students to medical facilities
* Mentors are on duty 24 hours, 7 days a week throughout their term of employment.
* Mentors are responsible for and oversee a group of 10 to 15 assigned students.
* Mentors assist students with their homework consisting of memorizing and rehearsing scenes and monologues, writing scenes, editing digital films, learning choreography and songs, watching videos and other related homework.
* MMentors supervise all residence hall living and meal times and accompany students on field trips.
*Mentors rotate working in the office, weekend student supervision, town errands, checking in and out of the dorms, airport pickup an drop off, and overseeing students each night.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and above the industry standard.
Successful applicants may expect a challenging and rewarding summer!
**If offered a position you will be required to provide additional information and be subjected to a background check and drug screen.